Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Month Four...

Hey Guys!
I wanted to make this post last week, but things have been pretty crazy lately. Alden Just celebrated his 5th month on Earth, and so as always, I like to do a recap for the month prior. That way we have a whole month of memories to share.

Let's get started shall we?

The time is flying by so fast! It seems like as soon as I make one of these posts, he's already into the next month of life. Alden never ceases to amaze me these days. He's learned how to fake cough now so he's been doing that a lot. I mean A LOT. It's so freaking adorable though. What is even more adorable is the fact that he laughs about it! I'm telling you guys.. this kid is going to be voted class clown in his yearbook some day.

We now have a foot/hand/whatever the heck he can get in his mouth chewer. This boy tries to shove his whole hand in his mouth and then proceed to slobber all over the place. If I put a bib on him he just shoves that into his mouth as well, so we just let him be a slobber sack.

We generally place Alden in his swing when he is awake and we need to get things done. I started noticing though that he seemed to get frustrated because he can't move around or see things (by things I mean the dogs) as well. We went to the store and bought him an exersaucer. He LOVES it. It has made my life so much easier. Especially when Chris is not home and I need to cook or clean. He sits in it and plays and watches the dogs roam about. Saydee can also come up and give him kisses which is adores. He loves that dog and she loves him.

I've been slowly trying to transition Alden into sleeping in his crib. I always try and put him in there when he falls asleep during the day on the weekends. As long as he is happy, awake or not, I leave him in there. The second he starts crying and sounding stressed, not just fussy, I take him out. I have the mind set that if I can show him that his crib is a good thing, even if it takes a while to totally transition.. then it will be worth it. Call me crazy, but this is my parenting choice.

We also had our first ER trip. To make a long story short, My in-laws noticed a strange bump that appeared to be under the skin. I called his Dr. thinking they would just tell me to monitor it for a few days but they said he needed to go to Children's ASAP. I was so upset that here I was trying to brush it off as nothing when the Dr. said he needed to get looked at. Thankfully he was totally fine. It was just his head growing faster on one side and is a totally normal thing. The Doctors couldn't really even tell unless he was in the light a certain way, so its not like he was walking around looking lopsided. Still, I'm glad we spent the time there just to be on the safe side.

Well, that's it for this post. Picture time!

 Alden looks SO thrilled to be getting mommy love. :)

 My little draft pick dreaming about sports.

 So fresh and so clean!

Being lazy in bed with my little man.

Thank you guys for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment