Monday, July 20, 2015

Month Six...

Hey Guys!

Yet another month has passed so here we are again.
Alden is at that age where he is starting to become extra curious. Not only is he extra curious, but if he wants something he will figure out how to get to it, even if that means scooting like a caterpillar. It is mostly adorable, but sometimes it can be annoying.

He has become VERY vocal. He has been making the typical baby sounds for a while now. He started making ba sounds and so of course Chris and I were in a competition to see if he would say ma ma or da da first. I WON! :) I had a little chat with him about how since he looks nothing like me, he should at least give me this one thing. He didn't let me down either. I was so happy and excited.

Alden has recently started throwing temper tantrum like scenes when he wants to be held. I sometimes look around to see where the two year old is who is exercising their right to the terrible twos phase. He is happy and chill most of the time, but if he isn't oh you better believe he will let you know.

Alden got to celebrate his first 4th of July this year, however he slept through the fireworks. I was really excited to see how he would react, but he conked out on us. My husband's family actually pop their own fireworks every year since they live in the country. Its always a fun time since they always buy sparklers and roman candles for the kids. I was ready to see if Alden would be scared or excited. Oh well, there is always next year!

At Alden's 6 month check-up he was 16.15 pounds and 28 inches long! What a big boy he is becoming.

You know I never thought that I could love him more than the day he was born, but I feel like each month that passes I love him just a little more. Every time he reaches for me to pick him up, gives me a kiss without me asking for one, says mama, laughs, smiles at me when I pick him up after work, my hearts fills up a little bit more. At this rate my heart is going to explode before he is even a year old.

OK.. now is the time where I go on a rant. Now that Alden's hair is growing out and the bald patches are growing in, It seems more and more people call him girl! I do not freaking get it! Just yesterday at the store TWO people called him a girl. He was wearing black basketball shorts, a shirt that said "mommy's little ninja" blue and green tennis shoes and blue sunglasses. It baffles me that people confuse him with a girl. I get it that he has a lot of hair, but he is not the first boy baby in history with long hair. SO ANNOYING! Do any other mommy's of boys get annoyed when this happens to them or is it just me?

On that note...IT'S PICTURE TIME!

 Oh hey sweet man!
 
 Waiting to see the Dr.
 
 First 4th Of July for Alden and for us as a family of 3.
 
 My little baby model.

 Alden's BEST FRIEND!

Thank you guys for reading this month! I think I may upload a bonus blog post this week or next week. We'll see what time permits. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment