Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Two for One: Weeks 12-13

Hey Guys!!
I want to start off by saying I am so amazed by the fact that there are 457 page views on this blog! Thank you to those who are reading along and reliving your past pregnancies, experiencing pregnancy with me as we speak, or to those who are just curious about what pregnancy is all about!! I hope I can  continue to keep you entertained in the months to come! :) I didn't get around to writing a blog for week 12 because I was busy and grumpy last week so this week will be about 12 and 13!

WEEK 12: I thought this was supposed to get easier now!

So as I've stated before, I started taking Zofran at week 6 and the stuff really helped me! I was able to make it through my day without feeling miserable. All of the sudden last week, they just stopped. I even wondered one day if I had forgotten to take it because I was so miserable. That's when I realized I was getting a taste of how these ladies feel who Zofran doesn't work on them. It SUCKS! All of the sudden it was like I can't just eat when I want or what I want because my body turns its nose to it as soon as I take a bite! The funniest thing is... I can eat french fries, fried pickles, mac and cheese and hold it down just fine, but the second I try and eat something wholesome..the baby laughs at me. Typical child I suppose. One night last week I literally ate jack in the box egg rolls for dinner. I've figured out that at this point.. if I can hold something down without feeling miserable 2 bites in, then its best to just go with it and try not feel guilty about it.
Friday night was fun, we went to Hooter's to celebrate my friends 27th birthday. I looked forward to it ALL week! Those wings were calling my name and I couldn't wait to get my hands on them. We got there and we had to wait at the front FOREVER ( not really but it felt like it). It was super hot so I was already in a crappy mood. We finally get our table and we order out appetizers. I ordered fried pickles, and celery with ranch. I downed the celery as soon as it came out. The fried pickles were delicious! My parents ordered some chili cheese fries. I took one bite and said.. nope, no thanks! FINALLY my wings arrived and I dug in. I made it through one wing successfully and then I started feeling sick. I kept telling myself " it gets better, just take a break and then try again" I made it through a quarter of my second wing and realized.. NOPE. :( So sad!
I've also noticed that I haven't been able to sleep as good anymore. I'm constantly waking up in the middle of the night SO uncomfortable. I've tried sleeping with a body pillow and sleeping with just a regular pillow in between my legs and still no help! I love sleeping and so this is just no fun at all!
Saturday My BFF came over and we organized the baby's soon to be closet. Before organization it was pretty much just a storage space. We found homes throughout the house for everything not baby related and it looks GREAT! :) I pretty much go in there everyday and look at all my baby things and ponder about how in 6 months I will actually be using these things, and even sooner than that, the room will be baby-fied and adorable. I. CANT. WAIT!

WEEK 13: Again... Isn't this supposed to be easier now?
OK. Now I am in week 13 which is the last week of Trimester 1! Woo Hoo. Honestly I think the morning sickness has been tougher this week than any other week. I mean honestly though.. inst this supposed to be easing up a bit? It is now to the point where I'm basically nauseous morning, noon and night. My mom found me some gum and it helps, but its $12.99 for 24 pieces so I try to only use it when super necessary. I either have to drink milk for breakfast or eat greek yogurt because my little baby raffe has decided that eggs no longer taste good. Chris bought us these delicious breakfast burritos and it smelled so good. I took a bite and started gagging on it. Monday night I drank a glass of milk for dinner. LIKE A CAT! Milk doesn't bother me at all so at least I can get some calcium in my system.
This morning I got really hot, and on top of that I was super nauseous so I thought I was going to pass out. I was so pale like a ghost. Thankfully it passed, but the nausea has been with me all day.
I've been super emotional this week and that's expected. My poor poor husband... he'll ask " Why are you crying?" The only thing I know to say is " because I can!"

I'm hoping week 14 will be better. I'll be heading to my 2nd appointment on Monday so next weeks post should be a fun one!

Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment