Friday, June 27, 2014

Week 14: Second Appointment Recap

Hey guys,
I know this might sound strange, but it feels like I'm both flying through this pregnancy... and dragging through it at the same time! Some days I'm like " wow I'm already 14 weeks!" Other days I'm like " Ugh, I'm ONLY 14 weeks?" I'm moving along slowly but surely.

So let me just say that I have been SO tired this week. Saturday night I went to bed at 9:30 pm and didn't get up until 9:30 am Sunday. I was so nauseous and dizzy the entire day though. Nothing I did made me feel any better. I ended up going back to sleep around 11am and getting up at 1pm. It was a super lazy day, but I'm glad I was able to just rest, despite how miserable I was.

Monday was our second appointment. Our original plan was to take separate cars, so that after our 9 am appointment we could both go straight to work. However... Baby Raffe decided that I needed to have a gag fest all morning, so Chris decided to drive us. We got to the Dr. at 8:45 and we were back in the car by 9:10. Super quick appointment! We heard the heart beat again, and then we asked some questions and we were out!

We were on the way home and I kept whining about being so nauseous. All of the sudden Chris had to slam on his breaks for a light. That was when things went down hill! Something about the slamming on the breaks really messed with my stomach. I guess everything was sloshing around in there. Chris started driving again.. and it hit me. I covered my mouth and said " OH NO!" Chris asked if I needed him to pull over and all I could say was " I don't know.. I don't know." He turned into a Racetrack gas station and I knew in that moment I was going to be throwing up in public! His car stays locked unless you are not in motion so I'm frantically trying to get the dang door open, and so is he. Finally he gets it unlocked, I fling the door open and fold over so my body is hanging out the door and just threw up like CRAZY. I'm talking 10 minutes of throwing up. Oh and guess what... It was raining, so I got drenched. I sat up for a second to try and get some air only to see Chris had his phone in my face recording the whole thing! After that I felt SO much better than I had in the last few days.

My Dr. had started me on a new medicine that she said would make me feel tired, but it would help. We picked it up on Monday night. I took one Tuesday morning and I was falling asleep the entire drive to work. I sat at work barely able to function. I knew that there was no way I could take those at work. It just wouldn't work out. I have been taking them at night though to help me sleep. Now that I'm in my 2nd tri I'm not so worried anymore, which is good.

My next appointment will be July 22 and the Dr. said if the sono tech can see the gender then we will find out then! :) So excited! I am so happy my little raffe is growing healthy and happy.


That's it for this week!
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment