Thursday, July 24, 2014

Week 17: Bumpin' At the Beach!

Hey guys!
I just got back from Florida on Sunday and it was a blast! The drive there and back was NOT fun, but hey, I survived and so did my baby.
I was able to spend July 11-18 in Florida. It's hurricane season so it rains pretty much every day. Lucky for us it rained at the same time of day which was at night (around 5 or 6) so we were able to enjoy the day. Our room was gorgeous and overlooked the street and beach (we had a wrap around balcony) so we were living large!
This was my first time to Florida and also my first time to visit a beach in the US. It wasn't as beautiful as Grand Cayman or Jamaica, but hey.. it wasn't anywhere near what Galveston looks like!

While we were there we also visited Disney World. It was fun and magical place, but I will say DO NOT GO THERE IF YOU ARE PREGNANT! I was able to ride pretty much everything the family had picked out (which rocks because it would have been a waste of money for me to just walk around the entire time we were there.) The reason I say to skip if you are pregnant is because the place is HUGE and you are walking all day. I don't care how comfortable your shoes are, you will not survive! In fact the next day I woke up feeling like I had gotten into a car accident. Every ounce of my body ached, I couldn't even think about putting on shoes!

We spent a lot of time at the beach, unfortunatley the last 2 days we were there the waves were big. I had finally gotten to where I was comfortable going in shoulder deep, and then a huge wave attacked me! By the way the salt content in the water there is awful! I swam in the ocean before, but nothing compares to the salt there! A drop of water would get in my eye and I was blinded until I could get to my towel and wipe it off!

For the most part the trip was a relaxing one. I'm glad I was able to go, but next time I think I'll fly! Driving for that long is MISERY, even with all the stops we made so that I could walk around, someone could pee, someone could get snacks.

That's about all for this week. I'm sharing a photo from Disney World and a photo of my bump at the beach!

Thanks for reading guys!



No comments:

Post a Comment