Thursday, July 24, 2014

Week 18: Baby check up week!

Hey Guys,
So I am currently in my 18th week of pregnancy and it's going good! I'm pretty much passed the morning sickness, with the exception of a few things make me feel sick (peanut butter). We went to the Dr. on Tuesday for our check-up, anatomy scan and gender reveal.

This was a very special week because we got to find out the gender. I made sure I had lots of sugar so that my little one would be moving around and hopefully keeping those legs spread! We got into the ultrasound room and of course the tech. had to walk us through everything she was going to be doing AND tell us that the gender wouldn't be made known until the end. Of course I'm sitting there thinking " what if my sugar wears off by then and the baby is in lazy mode!"

As soon as our baby popped up on the screen  we were so excited. We hadn't seen an image of the baby since 10 weeks, and a lot had changed. The baby actually looked like a baby now, not just a blob! First thing I noticed was that the baby had their legs crossed. REALLY BABY?!?! I GAVE YOU ALL THAT SUGAR AND YOU HAVE YOUR LEGS CROSSED RIGHT NOW! I was definitely  keeping my fingers crossed that baby would wake up towards the end of the sonogram!

She went though and showed us all the different body parts, and counted to make sure the right amount of arm, legs, kidneys, bladder etc. was there. She showed us the brain and measured it to make sure it was the right size. She checked to make sure the heart was beating correctly.

Now let me tell you something.. Sonograms are basically baby x-rays so the most noticeable thing is bones. When you see the baby from the side they look adorable and have a cute little nose and belly. Then you see the baby from the front and it is FREAKY! From the front it just looked like a baby skeleton! Strange stuff for sure!

We also got to see the baby chewing on it's fingers and it was ADORABLE! (yes this was viewed from the side so it wasn't freaky looking at all.)

The time came for the gender reveal and we were so nervous. The most important thing was that our baby was healthy. She shows us an image and says ok... " here is the baby's bottom and here is..."

Sorry folks.. I'm not revealing the gender until next week's post. We are going to have our parents and the godparents over on Saturday to share with them the gender.. THEN we will share a photo on social media. :)

In other news I felt the baby move for the first time last night. I've heard it feels like butterflies, which in a sense is true, but its a very unique feeling. Trust me when I say when the baby moves and you feel it for the first time you will know without a shadow of a doubt that is what you felt! This is freaky and amazing all at the same time!

So as you can see a lot has happened this week! I'm super excited to not only know what my sweet baby is now, but to also feel it moving in there! :)

Tune in next week to find out if we are having a  B O Y or G I R L !

No comments:

Post a Comment