Thursday, July 10, 2014

Weeks 15-16 : Falling, and The Pain That Followed!

Hey Guys!
I was planning on posting week 15 last week, but I had a lot going on at work so that didn't happen! Here we go again with another two for one special!

Before I break this down into the individual weeks, let me explain something that happened the end of week 14.

So, Some of you may or may not know that I have 3 dogs. One of those dogs happens to be a 52 pound Pit Bull. When she drinks water, she tends to leave a puddle. Sometimes said puddle is right by one of the 3 water bowls in the kitchen, while other times its half way across the room. I don't know how she does it, or why... but it happens! There have been a few times where I've slipped in the water but I've always been able to catch myself! This particular day ( I should say night) I had gone into the kitchen to get a bottle of water. I only had a small lamp on in the living room, so I couldn't see the gigantic lake on my floor, right at the entry to the kitchen. So... yea you can guess what happens next!
I hit the "lake" and immediately started slipping. I tried grabbing the wall, but I wasn't close enough, and the LAST thing I wanted to do was move in a way that would possibly make me land on my belly. So I started going down. I tried to catch myself with my left arm, but that slipped in the water too! Before I knew it my right leg was slamming into the ground, and then went my left knee... right into the ceramic tile!
I got up after a second of trying to figure out what just happened. I knew immediately that my right leg was going to hurt the next day. I was right. It hurt really bad, in fact I barely slept all night. Surprisingly there wasn't a bruise right away.

Now we can start week 15.

WEEK 15
So Monday rolls around (2 days after my fall) and I was feeling some discomfort on both sides of my lower back/hip area. I just figured this was a typical pregnancy pain and didn't worry about it much. After a few days though, it switched to only the left side. My mom of course was worried and told me to call the Dr. I would get involved in something work related and I would forget to call. Again I wasn't worried at all because I didn't have any cramping or bleeding so I mean who cares if I'm in pain as long as baby is OK?!?
Unfortunately for me, the pain kept getting worse, to the point that I was constantly uncomfortable!
Other than that, my nausea pretty much went away, and with the exception of chicken it seems I can eat whatever I want now so YAY! :)
Another fun thing about this week is that I got an adorable book for free called " From Pea to Pumpkin" Its basically a pregnancy journal with fill in the blanks and spots for pictures and stories. I LOVE it and it is adorable!

WEEK 16
I was telling my mom about how my back was STILL hurting over the weekend and she went into mom mode and told me to call my Dr. Monday morning NO EXCUSES! If your mom tells you to do something and uses the phrase NO EXCUSES in it, I don't care what she is telling you to do.. you better do it! So Monday morning I called and left a message for the nurse.
The nurse finally called me back around 11:30-12 and she says I need to come in and get checked out just in case. Of course now I'm worried because I'm thinking about the possibility that something could be wrong with the baby and it would be my fault for brushing off my fall as no big deal. I had a hard time focusing the remainder of my time at work. I finally get to the Dr. and I'm SO nervous! The Dr. came in and chatted with me about it. She checked me out and said it just seemed like a pulled muscle. She gave me some things to try to make it better and said if its not better in a few weeks I'd probably need physical therapy. Then my favorite part... she checked out the heart! Sweet baby Sosa's heart was just beating away!
This made me feel relived and I was also excited I got to hear the baby's heart within 2 weeks of each other. :)

My hip is STILL hurting now and I've got s smiley face shaped bruise on my right leg but its alright! I also managed to walk into the corner of my bed the other day and now I've got a massive dark nasty bruise on my shin! I'm just falling apart over here!


Well that's it for this week. :)
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment