Thursday, August 14, 2014

Week 19: It's a...

Hey guys!!!
So I meant to post this 3 weeks ago, but I've been super busy so it just hasn't happened until today! So as I mentioned in my week 18 post, we found out what our sweet little baby is! I didn't say the gender then because we had to wait until that Saturday to tell our family!
I wanted to do something cute, that was more like a game so that my family had to work a little bit to figure out the gender. I chose to buy pink and blue balloons and poke holes in the color of the balloons that they baby wasn't so that they wouldn't blow up.
We only invited my parents, my husband's parents and the godparents over to reveal the gender. Once everyone was there and had a few minutes to chat I walked around with 2 bowls; one with pink balloons and one with blue balloons. I told everyone to pick the color balloon that they thought the baby was. Surprisingly only my mom, mother in law and the godfather picked blue balloons! Once everyone had their balloon in hand I explained how the game worked. I said GO! and everyone started blowing. TEAM BLUE WINS!!! My best friend was a little disappointed because she really wanted it to be a girl, but she got over it pretty quick!
The greatest thing about it is that it was a HUGE surprise at the Dr. office when they told us it was a boy. My family has a history of making lots of girls, and my husband's family has some sort of " you gotta have a girl first" rule or something. We totally expected it to be a girl even though we both wanted a boy. You can imagine how we felt to know it WAS a boy! The chain was broken!! We get to have a boy baby first!

We are so totally overjoyed and we will be naming him Alden Joseph Sosa. People always ask me about our name choice so I'll explain it here! So back when I was in middle school there was a cartoon called BraceFace. I loved that cartoon so much! The main male characters name was Alden. I always said I wanted to name my baby that if I had a boy. This is the where it gets weird... When I had told my grandma that name she told me that is my great uncle's middle name! HOW CRAZY IS THAT?!? I never knew what my Uncle's middle name was it's pretty awesome that Clearly I'm attracted to a name that my amazing great grandmother loves! :)

Joseph is my grandpa's name. I love my papa Joe very very VERY much and I knew that in someway I would name my baby after him if I had a boy. We also like that we can call him AJ if we want to.

I'm just so excited that I get to be the mama to a precious little boy!!!

Well that's it for this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment