Thursday, August 21, 2014

Week 22: Can Alden get here already?

Hey guys!

So I'm currently in week 22 of pregnancy. 2 more weeks and I'll be moving right into month 6! Ya'll let me just tell you that I have been SO unbelievably tired this week. Every part of my body is aching, I'm not getting sleep because I'm not comfortable. I just keep telling myself that I still have 18 weeks to go which means things will only be getting more achy.

My belly button has gotten so teeny tiny and it HURTS. I just know that here in the next few weeks I'm going to wake up and have a popped belly button. It's just one of those weird parts of pregnancy that you don't really expect.

In other news, I swear I felt Alden kicking from the outside, but I wasn't 100 % sure because I can feel it from the inside so I thought maybe my mind was just playing tricks on me. Well Chris was having his "Alden time" a few nights ago and Alden kicked really hard right below my belly button. Chris immediately looked at me for some sort of confirmation that yes that was him kicking. When I asked if he felt it he FREAKED OUT! He was so excited!!! It's hard being the dad during pregnancy because you don't get to experience anything baby until mid to late pregnancy. He has only felt it that one time but it made him so happy to feel his son for the first time. I think it makes it more real for sure.

I went to the Dr. on Monday and everything was good. Heart was beating good and strong and I'm measuring the right size for my due date. The next appointment will be mid- September and it will be the dreaded glucose test. YUCK... but I'll make it through!

That's pretty much it for this week. I'm growing, Alden is growing. I'm totally exhausted, Alden is not. Fun times! I do have to give major props to the hubs though! He's been very helpful. He sees how tired and physically drained I am so he's been cooking, cleaning and giving me "me" time to just chill and unwind.

As always... THANK FOR READING YOU GUYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment