Thursday, October 23, 2014

Week 31: 2 months to go people...TWO MONTHS!

Hey guys!

It is week 31 and today happens to be the 23rd which makes it exactly 2 months until my due date! Can you say W O W ?!? It feels like ages ago I was finding out about this pregnancy and now in 2 months (hopefully less) we will be meeting this feisty little man who is so very active.

This week I ended up staying home from work on Tuesday. I've been really good about going in even if I have to go late because I feel so miserable. Tuesday however, I just felt off. First of all I was up all night either peeing, getting punched or having Braxton Hicks contractions/burning in my back so I was tired. I got up and got ready and dressed. I started feeling light headed so I sat down for a minute. Then I started feeling nauseous. I was sitting in the floor in the bathroom waiting to see if I would throw up or not. I decided to lay down for a minute and see if I felt better. I didn't and Chris was able to talk me into staying home. It turns out Alden was laying in a weird way which happened to be on a nerve. I took it easy and I think it made a difference. Obviously I can't skip out once a week for work, but I'm so grateful that I work somewhere that is understanding that sometimes pregnancy isn't glamorous, and sometimes you just have to stop and rest. The longer I am pregnant the more I realize I have to listen to my body!

I've been getting Braxton Hicks contractions at least twice a day. They don't really hurt, but they are uncomfortable. My belly gets really tight and hard as a rock and so having this bowling ball hanging onto my front side isn't exactly pleasant. I try to just relax and let it happen, realistically that's all you can do anyway.

So I have a hormonal story for this week! As most of you know Sunny is my little boy chihuahua. He pretty much hates everyone and he barks a lot, but he is a VERY sweet and loving dog. Since the beginning of this pregnancy I felt like he's really the only dog who "gets" that I'm pregnant. He has been extra snugly with me and I love it! Well on Sunday I was laying on the couch watching TV and he was laying beside me with his head on my chest asleep. I look down and see how adorable he looks and I just started crying. A tear fell and hit him on his face and he looked up at me like "Come on mom, I'm sleeping here!" The reason I started crying is because It hit me that here soon me and Sunny won't get to have those lazy afternoons snuggled up together, because I'll have Alden instead. I know it sounds crazy but I feel so bad about that because here is this little dog that I have babied SO much and he is so attached to me and now not only will my life change with the birth of Alden, but his will too. I know that there will be times when Alden is napping and we can snuggle and I'm sure there will also be times where Sunny is curled up next to me while I'm holding Alden. I just hope he transitions well.

I just want to make sure no matter what that I'm not totally neglecting my dogs, and that I still figure out how to make them feel loved and important even with Alden being in the mix. I'm sure things will all work out once he gets here and I can get accustomed to having a human baby AND 3 fur babies!

Chris and I went to At Home (the new name for Garden Ridge) on Friday and we picked out a rug for Alden's room. I knew I wanted navy blue because the bedding I registered for has a navy blue border around it and so I figured it would help pull everything together, and its a color that goes well with green and light blue. We actually found the PERFECT rug! Its shaggy and soft and navy and AMAZING! I actually laid on it and it feels wonderful. I figured it will be good for him to have his tummy time on. I still need to get navy curtains but I can find those anywhere I'm sure!
 So you can't really tell because of the lighting but the rug is navy blue.

We also hung his letters on the wall. I'm so glad that they are up now and that everything is coming together. His room is looking so adorable and I cannot wait to add the Monster's Inc. stuff to the mix! The only major piece of furniture we still need is the glider. We will probably be getting that either at the baby shower, or we will use gift cards to help purchase it. I will probably spend A LOT of time in that glider once I get it!
 Don't mind my homeless looking self, but we wanted a pic of Alden in his room! :)

The baby shower is next Saturday and I am getting so excited! I know my mom, best friend and aunt have worked really hard on it and I can't wait to see it all and see all my friends and family. It will be a GREAT day for sure!

Well that's it for this week! Hope you guys are still enjoying reading these posts and for those who do thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment