Thursday, October 2, 2014

Week 28: Shots, Painting and Exhaustion OH MY!

Hey Guys!

It's that time of the week again! I wouldn't really say this week has been busy, but I have been totally drained!

Monday We went for our hospital tour! I'll be delivering in Mansfield and I loved the hospital. I love that the hospital is not super huge and its really easy to navigate! There is also a lot of stuff around (Starbucks included) So I expect anyone who comes to see Alden to bring me treats!

I went in on Tuesday for my 28 week appointment. It wasn't a long appointment but I did get 2 shots! I have been worried lately because I keep getting these horrible migraines that screw up my vision and make me feel miserable. I spoke with my Dr. about this because I know it can be an indicator of preeclampsia. My Dr. told me that my blood pressure couldn't be better and so I have nothing to worry about! This is just a normal part of pregnancy and so basically I just have to deal with it!

I got the TDAP shot in my left arm and the Rhogam shot in my hip! The Rhogam shot left a bruise but it doesn't hurt at all. The TDAP however is by far the worst shot I have EVER gotten in my life! Not only did it burn REALLY bad, it made me feel totally exhausted and my arm hurts so bad it is almost unusable. I actually went home from work early yesterday because I was drained and I just couldn't sit at my desk any longer! The Nurse said this is totally normal and should be gone today! Lets hope so anyways!

Saturday Chris and I decided to finish off the painting of the nursery. We got the striped wall all taped off and went to town. We immediately LOVED the green and blue colors together. However we thought it could use a second coat of paint to make the blue a little brighter. We headed to Lowes and got some more paint. Once Chris was done with the second coat we started peeling the tape off. The solid wall (opposite side of the room as the striped wall) turned out fine with no peeling paint. Then we started peeling the tape off of the striped wall and on several spots the paint got stuck to the tape and peeled a little bit! Of course we called my dad who said he could easily fix it! Sure enough he came over on Monday and fixed our mess ups and also brought over some white paint to freshen up those stripes too! So now the painting in the nursery is DONE! Now I just need to start getting art, curtains, a rug and of course the rest of the furniture! I literally want to just go sit in Alden's room sometimes because it just seems like a place of peace. That is definitely the vibe a nursery should be giving off right?

So I'll finish off this blog with my little Survey thing I said I would do every other week... but first I'll post some photos of the nursery! :)


OK so clearly you can see this was during the process of painting. :)

This was after we pulled off the tape, and before my dad fixed our mess ups. You probably can't see the spots where its peeling ( I can only because I know where to look). This was also before my dad repainted the white stripes. Don't you just LOVE how these colors turned out together?

Finally the finished product! I am SO in love with his room! Please note the color difference between this image and the one above. The lighting totally changes the color, as well as the time of day which is also pretty cool too! His name will be hanging on the wall eventually, just wanted to post a photo on IG so I leaned them against the crib and wall for now!


What do you guys think? Don't act like you're not impressed. *Ron Burgundy voice*

OK... Survey time!

How far along?: 28 weeks

Total weight gain: I weighed myself this morning and I have gained 13 pounds now. I feel like it's all baby but I guess we will see once I pop Alden out!

Maternity clothes?: I haven't purchased anything new at this point. I'm always shopping but I just haven't found anything I like lately.

Stretch marks?: Those claw looking marks I was talking about a few weeks ago are TOTALLY stretch marks! I'm kind of annoyed by it, but hey I guess if your gonna get them its better to get them on your hip, and only 2 than to get 70,000 on your stomach!

Sleep?: Nope! I'm still totally uncomfortable and on top of that my potty breaks are way more frequent now.

Best moment this week?: Coming home on Monday to the painting in little man's nursery being done!

Miss anything?: I think just being comfortable. It seems like getting comfortable no matter where I am is basically impossible these days!

Movement?: Oh yes! Alden is a kicking machine! He loves making my belly bulge and if I have my hand on my belly he will run his foot or hand up against it as if to say hello.

Food cravings?: Honestly right now nothing is good anymore! I'm like never in the mood for anything. Obviously I eat but nothing really tastes good to me right now.

Anything making you queasy or sick?: The TDAP shot actually made me feel nauseous Tuesday/Wednesday but today I am doing fine.

Gender?:Still a boy as far as we know!

Labor signs?: Nope not yet! Although I have been experience lots of pressure every few days or so and I'm thinking those are just Braxton Hicks. They aren't painful but it is really uncomfortable.

Symptoms?: My feet swell if I stand for too long, or if I wear TOMS apparently. My hips have been really achy as well.

Belly button in or out?: Still in! WOO HOO!
  
Wedding rings on or off?: Still on. Double WOO HOO! 

Happy or moody most of the time?: MOODY! I mean Happy is included in there. I'm pretty much like the TX weather... Blink and I'll be in a different mood!

Looking forward to?: Decorating Alden's room now that the painting is officially done!

Ok guys! That's it for this week! I hope you enjoyed it and THANKS FOR READING!




No comments:

Post a Comment