Thursday, November 6, 2014

Week 33: Baby Shower Re-Cap

Hey guys!

So I told you last week that this week would most likely be about my baby shower and yes that is still true today! I'll be posting some photos and re-capping the event. First of all, for anyone reading this who came or dropped off a gift... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!  Alden is so very loved already and that is VERY apparent from all the awesome gifts. Stay tuned.. thank you cards to come, I just figured I couldn't say thank you enough times :)

So My mom, aunt and BFF planned this whole thing out. They didn't tell me any details so I had no idea what to expect when I showed up. As I've mentioned Alden will have a Monsters Inc. themed room and so my mom had planned to do a matching baby shower. Well Chris being obsessed with his Dallas Cowboys really wanted that as the theme since I shot him down on decorating the nursery that way. (Just an FYI.. I wasn't being mean, He has a man cave that looks like Jerry Jones barfed up his entire career with the team in it so I just couldn't handle having TWO rooms like that!) Since the invitations had the colors of Monsters Inc. I figured that would be the theme for the shower. Well they surprised us both and decorated half in Cowboys and half in Monsters! It was a really cool idea, especially since Chris was at the shower so he was able to get some of what he wanted too.

They had the photo of us that we used to announce our pregnancy at the front door in a mat frame so that guests could sign it as they entered the shower. There were also little onesie shaped papers where people could write down advice for us to use with raising Alden.

Another fun thing they did was the onesie and diaper station. Guests were asked to write fun stuff on diapers and also to decorate onesies for him to wear. We got some super cute ones too!

Shout out to my in-laws, grandmas, and anyone else who showed up and helped get the shower ready! Also shout out to everyone who came out and spent time with us on this super fun day! I enjoyed all of you!

I cannot even tell you how overwhelming it was once we got home and unloaded the gifts. There was SO MUCH STUFF! Jackie came over and Chris's sister too since she wasn't able to make it to the shower. We just started sorting stuff and taking off tags and putting things away! It was a huge help to have 2 extra people there to help sort stuff. If it was just me I wouldn't even be halfway through with all of it!

I am getting SO very excited now that the shower is over because we have everything we need for him to come into this world! There are still a few things here and there that are needed or wanted but the necessities are there and those are most important.

This week I've been dealing with a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions as well as cramping. My hips are absolutely killing me, much more than they have been so far! Alden has been moving a lot and pushing his body to the surface of my belly. I've gotten to feel his entire side profile which is partly amazing and partly FREAKY!

I cannot believe that in 7 weeks (hopefully more like 5-6) our baby boy will be entering this world. I'm sure once he is here I'm going to miss feeling him moving and kicking from the inside but for right now I cannot WAIT to get this little monster man out of me!

Well that's about it for this week. I'll end it with some photos. I might end up editing this later and adding in some more at some point.

 This was the table which served as the focal point of the room. As you can see it's half Cowboys and half Monsters Inc.
 My Sister in law Daniela made this diaper cake for Alden. It's so cute! She did a great job.
 This is a photo with the grandmas in the middle and the great grandmas on the outside. If only my great grandma would have been able to make it then his grandmas, great grandmas and great GREAT grandma would have been in one photo together!
 Here is me and my BFF!
 Is this jean jacket not the most adorable thing on the planet! I LOVE it!
 Mike onesie!
football jammies. This boy has so much cowboys/football clothing that he is going to fit right in with his daddy on Sundays!

So like I said I'll probably be adding in some more pictures before the next post. I just didn't have a ton of time to sort through them all and see what I wanted to use.

Thank you guys for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment