Thursday, September 4, 2014

Week 24: Goodbye 6th month... Hello 7th month!

Hey guys!

So I am now into my 24th week of pregnancy. It's amazing how fast and slow things are moving at the same time. I'm so ready for my little man to be here, but at the same time I want more time than what I have because so much still needs to be done! Before I know it I'll be racing to the hospital and meeting Alden!

So my hips are starting to hurt at a much more painful level. Oh and have I mentioned yet that my pelvic bone feels like its cracking in half? I'm a tiny person and so I figured dealing with the inevitable hip spread wasn't going to be a walk in the park, but no one told me about this cracking pelvic pain business! I'm hoping that things get shifted soon so that I can have a little relief! If not then you guys will get the pleasure of hearing me complain about it for the next 16 weeks!

I made the decision to go ahead and buy baby laundry detergent this past weekend and get to washing. I have so many clothes already that it was starting to get overwhelming and unorganized and I need to be organized. I got everything washed, sorted by size and hung up on different colored hangers according to size. I think I'm in nesting mode now because I don't have much energy, but when I get these small spurts I tend to spend them cleaning, scrubbing, straightening... things like that! I hope I can maintain my organization after Alden gets here but I'm sure it will go out the window along with a lot of other things.

Alden is now kicking and punching simultaneously so that is fun getting hit in 2 places at the same time! This morning Sunny was laying with me and Alden was just kicking him like crazy. only one time did sunny look at me like " Can you please stop it?" I guess he really doesn't seem to mind. Out of my 3 dogs he seems to be the most in tune with my pregnancy which is fine because he's also our only boy dog.

That's about it for this week. I will say that I saw a girl on my December 2014 birth club discussion board who also blogs and she does this cute update every week where she answers the same questions but for each week. I like the idea so I'm gonna try it and see how it goes! Let me know how you guys feel about it and I might keep doing it.

How far along?: 24 weeks

Total weight gain: So far just a little over 9 pounds. Not too shabby eh?

Maternity clothes?: I now own 1 pair of maternity jeans and a few tops. Most of my tops still fit ok in length, but are starting to get a little tight.

Stretch marks?: None yet! I've been using oils and cocoa butter EVERYDAY!

Sleep?: Not really! I'm either uncomfortable or I have to pee nowadays. Oh and Saydee (our 11 month old put bull) has now totally lost her sleep routine so she wakes up around 1-2 am whining to go pee, then again at 4 because she wants to snuggle my husband. Needless to say she is preparing us for waking up all through the night. THANKS SAYDEE!

Best moment this week?: Yesterday when Chris was talking to him and telling him how much we loved him and he was kicking like crazy!

Miss anything?: Sleep mostly. I also miss being able to just do whatever whenever sometimes.

Movement?: YEP! He's a mad man in there. I'm telling ya'll he's gonna have ADHD like daddy!

Food cravings?:It has been Jack in the Box egg rolls, but lately I'm never in the mood for anything in particular.

Anything making you queasy or sick?: If I eat sugar on an empty stomach I will be throwing up somewhere.

Gender?:Still a boy as far as we know!

Labor signs?: Nope not yet, and I'd like to keep it that way!

Symptoms?: Well as I posted earlier My hips and pelvic bone are killing me. Oh and I have a 10 minute walk from my parking garage to my office and now I'm starting to get muscle cramps like when you forget to stretch before working out.

Belly button in or out?: IN.. but its so teeny tiny I don't know how much longer its going to stay in.

Wedding rings on or off?: Still on thank goodness!

Happy or moody most of the time?:I don't even know anymore. One minute I'm fine and then the psycho train rolls into town and I'm bawling my eyes out without even having a real reason.

Looking forward to?:Getting Alden's room ready! We are doing a Monster's Inc. theme and so it is going to be a fun project for sure!

Well there you have it! :) See you guys next week! I'll leave you with my monthly belly photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment