Thursday, September 25, 2014

Week 27: Getting the nursery ready!

Hey Guys!

This is the last week of my 2nd trimester and I'm starting to get to that point where I'm just looking at my calender HOPING it will magically say its December. Everything is continuing to hurt worse, no matter what position I try to sleep in (I'm super limited on those anyways) I'm just not comfortable. I feel like I'm back in the first trimester where I was exhausted all the time. I find myself going to bed at 9 most nights only to wake up at 10:30 for potty break number 1 then again at 12:30, 2:00, 3:30, 4:45 and lastly when Chris gets up at 5:45. Most of the time I'm not even really fully asleep.. I guess I'm just resting my eyes!

Anyways I'll spare you guys my boring sob stories about how miserable I am at this stage in pregnancy!

Alden is now bulging out constantly! Every little movement he makes I feel on the inside and you can see it on the outside. It is FREAKY, but kind of awesome at the same time! He's been waking me up a lot in the night with his wild movements and although its pretty annoying its kind of cool that he is awake with me and I get to have the time with him in the silence.

In other news, we bought our paint for the nursery on Friday and I was so excited to paint! We painted 2 of the walls a color called Limish, which is like a pastel lime. Of the 2 remaining walls one will be blue and white striped, and the opposite wall will be solid blue ( The same blue as the striped wall). I spent time on Saturday getting everything taped off and then I ran out of tape. Sunday morning we went and bought some more tape AND a painting mask because yes we were responsible and read the paint can before I just dove in and started painting.

Jackie (my BFF/the godmother/Aunt rexie) came over and we finished taping everything off and then it was time to paint! When we first moved into the house and were doing some painting my dad came to help and taught me some techniques to help me use the least amount of paint as possible. It takes a little extra time but its worth it! Jackie and I did all the trimming/using the mini roller and then had Chris come in to paint with the big roller. It honestly didn't take that long and I'm loving the color!

We had to wait on the paint to dry before doing the other 2 walls and I needed my dad to come and lay the lines for the striped wall anyways. Luckily my parents came over on Tuesday and took care of that so the final painting will happen this weekend! :)

So to close this week's post out I'll leave you with some photos!

First, The "lime" color we picked for 2 walls... Pardon the mess! lol
Next the lines my dad drew out for us. The stripes with the bits of tape inside them will be the white lines, the ones without will be the blue. My dad went ahead and put the tape that way  I know where to tape everything off before painting.
Finally, just to give you an idea of what the room will look like when we are done...
Obviously the solid blue walls will be green instead. I'm just not a fan of using all one color, I felt adding the green would make it more fun and go along better with the Monster's inc theme. Yes I am registered for those adorable monster decals as well as the bedding, the Mike pillow, the Sulley changing pad! Alden is going to have an adorable and FUN room! 

So that is it for this week! I'm super excited to finish up the painting this weekend and then start hanging decor. 

Thanks for reading guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment