Thursday, September 18, 2014

Week 26: Getting Things DONE!

Hey guys!

I'm now in week 26 which means I am getting even closer to having this little man out of my belly and into my arms. I am SO ready for him! I want to know what he looks like! Will he be pale like me or tan like Chris? Will he have my hair or Chris's hair? Is he going to look more like me or Chris, or is he going to be the perfect combination of us both? AHHHHH I cannot wait!

I feel like we've actually accomplished some things over the past week or so. For starters we went to Hobby Lobby and bought the letters and paint for Alden's name. Originally my plan was to buy rectangle plaques and paint them to look like the doors in Monsters Inc. since that is our theme, and then I would paint the letters one solid color and screw/glue/nail them to the doors. The issue I had was that the letters were either too big or not big enough and so I was getting frustrated. By the time I found some letters that would work and then meandered my way to the plaques, I wasn't satisfied with the way they were looking pre paint. Lucky for me I had a back up plan!

This plan involved getting big letters and painting them to look like the different monsters. This doesn't mean you have to be an artist, it just means you make them "look" similar to the monsters. So for Mike you would paint it green and add an eye to it, for Sulley blue with dark blue spots and so on. We picked the letters out and made our way to the paint isle. Chris pulled up an image of Mike and I started looking for the best green to match him.It took about 10-15 minutes to pick the color we felt was pretty identical and then we moved on to Sulley. As Chris is looking for a good image of him I start thinking about how much work this is going to be! I saw a color that was almost the same color as Mike and noticed it was glow in the dark! I decided hey... lets make this easy here and paint them all one color: GLOW IN THE DARK GREEN! Now if only I had decided that BEFORE we sat there for forever trying to pick out paint colors and letters! Jackie came over Sunday and we painted them. I'm so excited to get them hung up!


The other thing we did was put the crib together! YAY! My in-laws really wanted to buy us the crib and we were perfectly fine with that! We picked a black-brown colored bed from Ikea. It took forever to pick a bed because his room is not very big and nursery furniture tends to be really Bulky. I wanted less chunky stuff so that we can do things like tummy time in his room without there being furniture everywhere. We still have all our NYC themed stuff up on the walls for now, but soon we will paint and that will all come down!


The other major thing that happened this week was I went in for my glucose test. Lucky for me I was able to pick my flavor. I chose fruit punch which looking back I wish I wouldn't have because I LOVE fruit punch kool-aid... and now I don't so much love it! So for those who don't know, they give you 5 minutes to drink the whole thing and yes they were watching me the whole time. After you are done they give you a timer set for an hour and you have to wait. I went and saw my Dr., paid my bill for the month and still had time left over. They took my blood for the test ( and some extra to check my iron because of last week's episode) and I got to go home. I felt nauseous all day but that was it! They called me around 4:30 and said that I had passed my test so that means no gestational diabetes for me! They did say that my iron was still pretty low but my Dr. gave me a new iron pill so we shall see how it works this time!

That's about it for this week. I'm pretty much not sleeping and becoming more and more delirious everyday, as well as being kicked almost constantly! I guess I need to get used to not sleeping right? YIKES! I didn't do the little survey update last week so I'll do it this week. Maybe I'll make it an every other week thing since not much is changing right now.

How far along?: 26 weeks

Total weight gain: As of Tuesday I have now gained 11 pounds.

Maternity clothes?: I'm wearing them still! Whenever I go to Ross I check the maternity section to see if I like anything and if I do I get it. A lot of my tops still fit though but I'm sure not for long!

Stretch marks?: So I have these 2 claw mark looking bruise things on my left hip. I thought they were bruises/scratches from my friend's dog, but now I'm not so sure because they are not fading or changing colors like bruises do. I mean if they are then I guess its not horrible to have them on my hip and only 2 little short ones.

Sleep?: Nope! On Saturday I ended up getting up at 5:45 and cooking breakfast because I just couldn't sleep and I wasn't comfortable laying there anymore. This morning I woke up at 4 and couldn't go back to bed either!

Best moment this week?: Getting the glucose test over with and passing it! YAY for accomplishments!

Miss anything?: Still sleep! I miss being able to just sleep however I want too. I am so ready to sleep on my belly again.

Movement?: YESSSSSS! Over the past few days he has been moving almost constantly. Last night I just laid there watching my belly bulge out.

Food cravings?: The other day I just randomly wanted some pasta. It was 9 at night and yes we had already eaten. I cooked up some pasta, threw on butter, garlic, pepper, Parmesan and a dash of salt and chowed down!

Anything making you queasy or sick?: Still can't eat sugar on an empty stomach. Also for some reason Alden is just really not feeling meat right now.

Gender?:Still a boy as far as we know!

Labor signs?: Nope not yet! I do have a feeling he is going to come early though, but lets hope not THIS early!

Symptoms?: I think the biggest thing right now is my emotions. I had a break down last night because I'm just TIRED! My hips hurt, back hurts, I'm drained and food just doesn't sound good anymore. Thank goodness Chris is caring and loving during those times!

Belly button in or out?: In. :)

Wedding rings on or off?: Still on.

Happy or moody most of the time?: I'm still a ticking time bomb like most ladies are at this point. You never know how I'll react to you so YES.. please pretend to be walking on egg shells around me.

Looking forward to?: My baby shower! My mom said it'll be November 1st and I cannot wait to see all my friends and see all his new things!

Thanks for reading guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment